The backend developer is an integral part of Avid Montreal’s audio development team. The incumbent will be responsible for creating, debugging, and maintaining backend services supporting front-end features in Sibelius itself, as well as new and exciting features in the cloud.
- Design, build and maintain efficient backend services supporting Sibelius and Avid audio product line.
- Identify and develop new ways of applying the considerable institutional knowledge of music, music notation and audio found in the Sibelius C++ codebase in new ways in a cloud-based environment.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop new features for Sibelius, our music notation and composition software.
- Work effectively in a multi-tasking and highly dynamic environment.
- Interface with other departments, such as product management, architecture and engineering, to improve the overall software development process and quality of our Sibelius software.
Company Profile: Avid
Avid builds technology and collaborative tools that empower creators to entertain, inform, educate and enlighten the world. Their customers are the visionaries behind the most inspiring feature films, television programs, news broadcasts, televised sporting events, music recording and live concerts.
Missing a skill?
This position requires a passion for music and a solid understanding of audio production and MIDI/ audio programming techniques. If you’re interested in these types of roles and need help meeting the requirements, please contact our admissions team.