The audio designer’s role is to collaborate with the gameplay team and audio director to create audio elements for video games and other products. It is the audio designer’s responsibility to ensure audio assets are coherent, respect audio guidelines and game direction, and are of the highest quality.
- Take ownership of game audio, demonstrating proof of concept and provide mentorship/feedback to junior and mid-level members in content creation
- Design and create game-related audio systems. Creates workflows and work with other designers
- Understand the project pipeline from front to back and take ownership of specific areas.
- Advise on and help actively improve the production pipeline.
- Create, implement and own features that may include paper designs approved by the audio director
- Own and oversee game mixing. Plan and identify recordings needed from the team
- Strongly influence the quality of project audio
Company Profile: Warner Bros. Entertainment
Warner Media is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands, which include: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Missing a skill?
This position requires a mastery of studio recording techniques, 5.1 mixing, session setup, Foley, and audio manipulation in DAWs such as Pro Tools, Ableton Live and Reaper. If you’re interested in these types of roles and need help meeting the requirements, please contact our admissions team.